Strategic Pricing and Negotiation Webinar Series – Pricing Education, Analytics, and Decision Making Tools | October 2016
Now it is easier than ever to make time to learn about the latest strategic pricing and negotiation tools and techniques. If the dates don’t work for you or you have to miss a session – reach out to us for access to a recording of the webinar.
Strategic Pricing and Negotiation Webinar Series Overview
We’re excited to announce the availability of several On-Demand webinars and October dates for our series of live educational and informative webinar sessions. Now it is easier than ever to make time to learn about the latest strategic pricing and negotiation tools and techniques live or On–Demand!
Our pricing education, analytics, and decision making focused webinars will be both educational and practical, informing you about what we do, and how our products and services will significantly improve your financial performance. Register for some of this month’s live webinars or access an On–Demand webcast for an inside look at how the SPA and SPASigma teams can help your company make smarter, better-informed pricing decisions across your entire business.
The following is just one of many testimonials about the impact of implementing strategic pricing.
“SPA has taught us a lot about using our data to make better decisions. Our pricing decisions are based on facts, which make our decisions much more powerful. The improvements our company has seen are bottom line improvements. We make more money today than we did before. We have done better every year. We have done marvelous things to the bottom line… We have found that the bottom half of your business can have a significant impact on your bottom line. It’s been a wonderful relationship! They are quick to respond and it’s been wonderful. If anyone would like to make more money they should sign up now.”
– Automotive Distributor
SPASigma: Negotiation Training Seminars and Learning Management System
Thursday, October 13 at 2:00 PM Eastern
Typically, salespeople are trained to sell, buyers are trained to buy. Buying and selling skills provide one component, but the subject of negotiation is vast and complex. Once exposed to formal negotiation training, experienced professionals are often amazed to learn of the vital areas of opportunity only visible through the lens of negotiation.
SPASigma Seminars are dynamic one-day and two-day events, specially crafted to provide you with a fundamental understanding of the art and science of negotiation. Entertaining case studies, eye-opening critiques and interactive group exercises equip you with the skills and knowledge to negotiate more profitable agreements immediately.
Learning Management System:
- Platform to ensure long-term retention
- Monthly 1-Hour Webinar/Video with Exercises, Games and Testing
- Best in Class platform accessible on any device
- Tracking of individual performance
- Certification Levels: White Belt, Yellow, Green, Black, Master Black Belt
- Social Recognition
Six Sigma Strategic Pricing Course: How to Leverage 6 Sigma Methodology to Drive Profitable Growth
Thursday, October 20 at 2:00 PM Eastern
This webinar will provide an overview of SPA’s Six Sigma Strategic Pricing Course. Six Sigma Master Blackbelt Greg Preuer, of SPA has created the first course designed to apply time tested Six Sigma methodology to pricing. Those who study with Greg will learn not only how to drive the pricing process but how to sustain the gains and automate the process. They will become Six Sigma experts (Blackbelt) in business process with a focus placed squarely on price management.
Graduates from this course will learn to chart a clear path to pricing improvement. They will learn each of the following steps:
- How to design and design goals which are consistent with their company’s pricing strategy.
- How to measure and identify characteristics critical for pricing success.
- How to analyze the current situation and steps along the way.
- How to design an improved alternative which moves closer to the desired result.
- How to verify that actions taken create the right results.
e-Commerce: Learn How to Strategically Price Your e-commerce Business to Capture Market Share or Capture More Margin
Tuesday, October 25 at 2:00 PM Eastern
eCommerce Offensive Pricing Strategy
- Gain market share, but with lower GM% expectations.
- Price levels will be more aggressive than current business.
- No customer loyalty, choices based on each transaction.
- Use economic or price fighting brands.
- Leverage channel specific pricing with web as portal to it.
- 3 click process to place an order drives higher conversion rates … search engine optimization (seo).
- Automated self service models needed to answer customer questions.
- Be aware of price method mix shift, with existing customers moving to the web … build fences.
- Measure ROI to ensure delivering.
- And more…eCommerce Defensive Pricing Strategy
- ecommerce provides value added services to your exist customers.
- Drives operational efficiency inside your business.
- Leverage ecommerce to extend your current strategic pricing model to new customers.
- Uncover and attack the natural variation that exists in the market.
- Leverage channel specific pricing with web as portal to it.
- Don’t advantage new customers with better price levels.
- And more…
SPA Pricing Cube: Improving Margins Through a More Strategic Approach to Pricing
Monday, October 24 at 2:00 PM Eastern & On–Demand
Attendees will learn how to address the following all too common issues and opportunities for increasing profitability:
- Customer relationships focused on product/service value, not price
- Identifying and capturing available margin premiums
- Identifying price-sensitive products and services
- Improving sales reps’ confidence in prices
- Stopping undisciplined discounting
- Tracking metrics for sales force accountability
- Improving pricing consistency and fairness
This webcast draws on SPA’s experience working with hundreds of companies to drive pricing gains of 2-4 margin points on affected revenue with minimal customer pushback.
Click here to register for live session
Click here to register for On–Demand session
Reporting Tool: Measure Achieved and Potential Margin Impact of Strategic Pricing
Tuesday, October 11 at 2:00 PM Eastern
- Understand achieved and potential impact from “The SPA Pricing Cube”
- Uncover missed opportunities and lost pricing dollars
- Rank pricing performance of Sales Reps, Order Writers, Branches, Vendors and Product Categories
- Understand and manage your Pricing Methods Mix
- Highlight trends as well as monitor and manage performance over time
Contract Management Tool: Workflow Tool for Automated Management of Contracts & Special Pricing Agreements
Wednesday, October 19 at 2:00 PM Eastern
- Identify and fix underperforming Contracts and Special Pricing Agreements
- Choose from SPA Recommended Prices, Capped Prices, or GM% / Discount% Targets
- What if modeling of price changes and batch updating
- Quantify the value of underperformance
- Export new pricing for automated upload to ERP
- Pass along vendor cost increases
- Manage Annual Review Process – never miss a window of opportunity again
SPA Vendor Management Tool: Identify Cost Savings Opportunities
- The cost management challenge
- Why distributors struggle to effectively manage costs across their product portfolios
- Missed cost decrease opportunities typically represent 2% to 3% of COGS
- Patterns of missed cost savings opportunities SPA has observed by analyzing the data of its clients
- Discussion of the analytical factors SPA leverages in its assessment of the relative cost positions of various vendors and its quantification of the savings opportunity
- Demo of SPA’s vendor cost management tool
- Upcoming tool enhancements
- Client data requirements for tool and overview of the setup process
Other SPA Events
To easily keep up with the latest SPA announcements, events and resources you can subscribe to our Strategic Pricing Pays blog or follow us on LinkedIn or on the following major social media channels and file sharing platforms: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, SlideShare, and YouTube.