Torrington Supply Company, a successful New England plumbing/ HVAC distributor, selected Strategic Pricing Associates to help retain and improve margin in an increasingly competitive market.
“For us, Strategic Pricing was the most effective, systematic way to improve our margins.”
– Joel Becker, President/CEO | TSC Distribution Group
TSC Distribution Group, the parent for Torrington Supply Company, based in Waterbury, Connecticut, is a plumbing/HVAC/PVF distributor that has 135 employees and 13 locations. They have been serving contractor, industry, and institutional customers throughout Connecticut and western Massachusetts since 1917.
- Help a successful New England plumbing/ HVAC distributor retain and improve margin in an increasingly competitive market.
- Epicor Prophet 21 with Strategic Pricing
- Margin improvement of 4.9% on 30% of 2011 sales yielded an overall margin increase of 1.5% that went directly to the company’s bottom line
- Increased bottom line margins by 3 percent
- Minimal customer pushback on price increases
Achieving Incremental Margin Gains
According to Becker, “I always thought we had additional pricing opportunities and were not using our sales history data effectively to set our pricing. When I heard about Strategic Pricing from Epicor, it was exactly what we had been trying to do on our own.”
“For sales priced using the SPA matrix, we earned an additional 4.6 and 4.9 percent in margin in 2010 and 2011, respectively. These are enormous margin gains with virtually no customer pushback that we never could have achieved without Strategic Pricing,” observes Becker.
Click here to read the entire Torrington Supply Company case study.
Click here to read more SPA case studies.
To easily keep up with the latest SPA announcements, events and resources you can follow us on LinkedIn or on the following major social media channels and file sharing platforms: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, SlideShare, and YouTube.