SPA’s History, Increasing Distributor and Manaufacturer’s Profits through Strategic Pricing for Over 20 Years
SPA is proud to have helped 100’s of distributors and manufacturers to improve their profitability significantly through implementing strategic pricing tools and best practices over the last 20 years. We are honored that industry leaders such as BASF, Parker Hannifin, GE, and ThermoFisher Scientific have selected us to work with them to improve their pricing.
SPA Milestones and Highlights
- SPA is launched in Cleveland, Ohio by David Bauders following stints in pricing at IBM Corporation and Booz Allen as well as having been a teaching assistant in price theory at Oberlin College and The University of Michigan.
- Master Builders, a division of BASF, becomes SPA’s first client.
- SPA begins serving a growing number of Fortune 500 manufacturing leaders, including ICI, General Electric, Sherwin Williams among many others our the next few years.
- SPA conducts a successful pilot Strategic Pricing initiative for Parker Hannifin’s Skinner Valve Division.
- Parker Hannifin expands program to additional divisions.
- Parker Hannifin announces that Strategic Pricing will be one of three core elements in its Win Strategy, and launches a four-year initiative to implement strategic pricing in all business units worldwide. Over next few years SPA implements Strategic Pricing in all of Parker Hannifin’s business units worldwide (over 90 manufacturing businesses and 30 company-owned trading subsidiaries).
- Parker Hannifin and SPA launch a pilot Strategic Pricing Workshop program for Parker Hannifin’s distributors to implement Strategic Pricing; over the next five years the program is implemented in over 60 Parker distributor businesses.
- SPA begins working with ThermoFisher Scientific, SPA’s largest distributor client to date.
- ThermoFisher Scientific expands its SPA Strategic Pricing program to a four-year initiative, encompassing all manufacturing and distribution businesses.
- Dolores Bauders joins SPA, leading the rapidly growing analytics function after a successful 12 year career at Parker Hannifin, including leadership of the Strategic Pricing Initiative and other Marketing departments. She also ran her own consulting practice prior to joining SPA.
- SPA forms alliances with ExxonMobil, Mitsubishi-Caterpillar, Rockwell and other manufacturers to deploy Strategic Pricing into their distribution bases.
- SPA forms cross-industry Strategic Pricing workshops and develops new tools to automate pricing analysis.
- SPA and Activant Solutions (now Epicor) form an alliance to build tools to deploy SPA’s pricing analytics in Prophet 21, Eclipse, and Prelude ERP systems.
- SPA hosts its first Strategic Pricing Strategy Seminar in Miami, Florida, bringing together experts in pricing, marketing, sales force management, technology and capital markets to share best practices. To date, over 15 sessions have been held, serving several hundred clients.
- SPA begins to add new analyst, project management, development and sales personnel and resources to address burgeoning demand for services.
- SPA achieves over 100 Epicor clients.
- SPA and Epicor introduce expanded analytics functionality to integrate SPA’s Gold and Platinum services.
- SPA initiates new analytical services to address the growing market for sales force measurement and compensation, as well as vitality metrics.
- SPA becomes a significant provider of Strategic Pricing analytics to clients on Infor platforms such as Sxe and A+.
- SPA launches new cloud-based analytics tools to support clients across a broad variety of ERP platforms.
- SPA celebrates 20 years in business, having served over 350 distribution businesses and over 200 manufacturing businesses.
- Strategic Pricing Associates has helped over 400 distributors build a profit-boosting pricing process.
SPA is the leading provider of pricing analytics to complex companies of all types: manufacturing, distribution, equipment, services, and software/technology products. Since 1993, we’ve built a strong platform of proprietary analytics to quickly and efficiently help companies convert their own invoice data into pricing architectures that maximize their pricing performance and competitive position. Our typical client applies our pricing architecture and improves profitability by two to four percent of sales: $2 to $4 million per $100 million of affected revenue. The benefits are staggering; and they are typically accomplished in less than 90 days.
SPA Clients include over 200 manufacturing companies including Parker Hannifin, Rockwell,GE, Exxon Mobil, Caterpillar as well as over 400 distributors including Harry Cooper Supply Company, Industrial Distribution Group, AH Harris, and ThermoFisher Scientific.
Click here to read SPA Client Testimonials.
To easily keep us with the latest SPA announcements, events and resources you can subscribe to our Strategic Pricing Pays blog or follow us on LinkedIn or on the following major social media channels and file sharing platforms: Twitter, Google+, Facebook, SlideShare, and YouTube.
Register to attend our webcast that starts at 2:00 PM EST where an SPA Client will share their journey to pricing excellence and how they are leveraging science-based strategic pricing tools to increase prices and margins without losing sales. During this 60-minute webcast, they will share their experiences and advice that will provide you with a wealth of practical knowledge!SPA’s Dave Lienert will also discuss how our solutions, which leverage experience from working with hundreds of companies to drive 2-4 margin point gains on affected revenue with minimal customer pushback, can help your company.
Click here to register